Chase

From July 8th, 2019 to August 29th, 2019, I worked as a data collector, which meant that I was responsible for compiling data into short, easy-to-understand documents.   

Another responsibility I had was to manage my schedule. At first, I found this to be challenging because time-management and self-discipline were one of my weaknesses, so figuring out how to allocate 30 hours, minimum, in seven days can be difficult. But after time went by, time allocation and management felt more natural and therefore less challenging. The strengthening of my barely pre-existing self-discipline and time management skills will benefit me in my personal and professional aspects of life.

Below, I will spell out the purpose of the corresponding assignment and what knowledge I’ve obtained from it. The assignments are not listed in chronological order. 

Midterm Report
Similar if not identical to the purpose of this document, I spelt out what assignments I had completed up to that point and how I completed them. The only identifiable difference between the midterm report and this one is that this one isn't in point form. 

20%
Although the vast majority of my 20% was spent on reading a book on missing and murdered indigenous women, I partook in a short mentorship with my aunt Sara. She taught me about the significance of lesson planning, how to lesson plan (simplified version) and how to overcome my fears of public speaking. 

She lives in Calgary so she mentored me through FaceTime, which isn't any less efficient than in person. 

Collections File 
I created a collections file about my faculty. More specifically, why it's great, the degree options, and the career options available with the corresponding degree. I also mentioned some of the resources available for aboriginal students on campus.   


Conclusion 
Although my physical presence with FACTsnet was short-lived, the impact it has had on my life will last a very long time. The responsibility of reading articles and translating them into short documents has further strengthened my research and writing skills. Having such skills serves as a foundational element in my role as a history and social science student in academia. 

Unfortunately, I did not complete everything that I would’ve liked to, and the work I finished was satisfactory according to my standards of quality. Despite having said that, FACTSnet has made a meaningful mark on the imprint of my life and the things I have learned will stay with me forever (until my memory fades at least, if it ever does! *knock on wood*) 

No comments: