Peter's Public Summary

My work with FACTnet this summer can be divided into four categories. I begun by
completing the Career and Personal Development assignments. They reminded me of important work-related skills and attributes. It also allowed me to critically judge my work skills and knowledge. It was a good opportunity to re-examine my goals and skills, and come up with further short-term and long-term goals

After finishing the Career and Personal Development assignments, I began working with the Prophetic Berean Foothills team. The goal of the project itself was to archive any historical materials regarding Prophetic Berean Foothills. There were two departments for the team; 1) the archiving team who scanned yearbooks, photos, diaries, etc, and 2) the research team who searched for any history and articles regarding PBF. I was in the research team, researching the history of PBF and how it shaped the culture of Calgary. 

The second project I worked on was the ESL English project. The goal of the project was to make FACTSnet’s documents ESL friendly, using simpler terms and re-formatting the documents for easier access. I mostly work on the (WIP v1) Career Development Project - Workability Workbook - ESL Editing document, which consisted of researching, formatting, and editing the document. The document itself consisted of numerous work-related skills, how they are described in the Alias Alberta Workability Workbook, and suggest practical ways to actualize such skills in reality. 

The third and final project I worked on was the Christian Soul Wellness project. The objective of the project was to compile a document, which would allow easy access to numerous topics in relationship to the well being of one’s soul in a Christian perspective. It was a good reminder of how our lifestyle affects our soul, and how being aware of one’s soul’s wellbeing changes one’s perspective in life.

Overall, my time and work with FACTSnet were very positive, and I obtained several practical life skills and work skills. All the people I worked with were blessings, and I was able to observe and obtain several good qualities from my peers and supervisors. I learned different perspectives, ways to work, ways to communicate, and ways to achieve goals. I have many thanks and gratitude for my supervisor and peers, and I hope I have been of service to them.

No comments: