Morinville Heritage Research and Development Coordinator

http://canadianafacts.blogspot.com/?zx=e0bdd10e40b693bf The above link is to the Canadiana blog which is all of my research and a summary of my articles in English.


My name is Nicole Labonté.  I worked as the Morinville Heritage Research and Development Coordinator- Post Secondary.  During the summer I researched different subjects relating to how Canada has remained bilingual after all these years.  My research focused on people such as Sir Guy Carleton, and Louis Riel, who helped shape Canada's bilingualism, as well as events that shaped Canada.  Such event include the Battle of the Plains of Abraham, the War of 1775 (also known as the American Invasion of 1775) and a few others.  All of my research and information can be found in my blog which is posted as a link at the top of this blog.  The English entries are mine.  I also wrote French and English articles on the same subjects.
Another thing is that most of my articles follow what is needed for Alberta Education to be used in schools.
I had a blast learning more about my country and it was fun doing this research hoping that students will be using this for their research in the future.
Below is my job description.
Heritage Research and Development Coordinator (Post-Secondary, Morinville)

To coordinate research, in both French and English, in relationship to Morinville historical sites and projects. The research will include the history of francophone, aboriginal & Métis people, persons with disabilities, newcomers to Canada, and members of visible and other minority groups. The results of the research will be used to develop and present historical stories, in for use in schools and the community. 

Wherever possible seniors, children, youth and others will be involved in the research and development of the stories. The projects will use the Internet and other digital technology. The summer employee will participate in FACTS blog networks, especially those related to the research and development of digital archives and heritage networks. The employee must support the values of STC and their partners. Research and network development may take place at various sites within and outside the constituency and over the Internet.

No comments: