Summer Coordinator for Community Networks - Plan 2013

My job with FACTSnet as a Summer Coordinator for Community Networks is a more generalized one than many of the other positions available, which has been evident this week as I started my myriad of new projects. I have focused much of my attention on the Oh Canada  Network and the Adaptabilities/Disabilities network being set up by some of my coworkers. I have also gotten a good start on a project to promote sustainability on U of A campuses using their Green Grant program. I think the project I am most excited to start on, however, is indexing the blogs in the site. My ultimate goal is to make things as easy to find as possible not only for FACTSnet contributors, but for visitors to the site as well. I will be working with our tech people this summer in order to make this happen. With input from the rest of the team, we will be working on a plan for a new, more user-friendly template for the site, as well as a system for organizing existing and new blogs. We hope to use the Adaptabilities/Disabilities blog as a prototype for the new system of organization.

No comments: