Crystal's Public Summary (Edmonton)


The first few weeks of my CSJ with FACTSnet was devoted to getting myself familiarized

with the mission statement of FACTSnet. Once I was familiarized with what they do as a whole, I was assigned to the School Board Project where, as a team, we would gather information in the form of web reviews of the different school boards of the various constituencies surrounding Edmonton. From the school boards, we would then web review each individual high school and middle school associated.


The remaining three quarters of my time with FACTSnet was spent as a Mental Health Coordinator. As a Mental Health Coordinator, I was responsible for guiding three interns: Anupreet, Daya, and Steven. I spent most of my time contacting them to figure out what they have accomplished and plan to accomplish prior to the end of their internship. As a mental health team, I worked alongside two other leaders: Jeremy and Carole; together, we would ensure the smooth running of the mental health unit.



On the side, I was also assigned to do write-ups. These write-ups would be summarizing and compiling the interns’ work on different mental illnesses, in particular, depression and post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). I was also assigned to complete a web review for Spruce Grove’s Social Sustainability Plan and create a document that contains all the files in relation to the topic mental health.