Jeremy's Public Summary (Edmonton)

The beginning of my summer job with FACTSnet began slowly, as understanding their procedures for stay-at-home work was a little daunting. However, a couple weeks in I was totally in my element and was able to apply myself to my work with the absolute flexibility that comes with stay-at-home work. I began on the School Board project, where I helped my team gather information on every high school and middle school in Edmonton. I focused on both Edmonton Public and Edmonton Catholic, for which I gathered information regarding the school's input on Fort McMurray, Mental Health initiatives, key parenting links, and much more.


After the school board project, I began taking a more administrative position in the organization as a Mental Health Coordinator along with my colleagues Crystal and Tantawan. We took charge of interns who were on the tail end of their SCiP internships, both guiding them through the end of internship procedures as well as helping them with any final edits. I was in charge of three interns who have been successful in their end of internship and have acquired their $1000 bursary. I was also in charge of organizing the work of all the interns, which has begun, and will continue to be used as material for FACTSnet blogs.

Other side jobs included web reviews for UofA clubs involved in mental health initiatives, gathering information on Canada Day events happening in Griesbach as well as Leduc. Near the end of my summer job, I worked with Aman and Farjot on a procedures video that would teach new employees all the important procedures that I had to find out the hard way. Finally, I worked with David on creating new intern and summer job procedures to be used in 2017.