Networking Consultant Public Summary - Leduc

Public Summary


My experience with FACTS was a little bit tough to get used to as I am not familiar with working on my own schedule during the summer. Although, once I familiarized myself with the organization’s values and the people that I was going to be working with, I was a little bit more excited to begin with my summer job.


This summer, I was involved with several tasks, most of them admin related:


  • Recruitment (team): Contacted various schools and organizations in search of members for our full time team
  • Fort McMurray Project and Master Doc: I worked with 3 other people from our team to create a Fort McMurray Support Network and Media Coverage Folder. My roles included finding links to add to the network, organizing the links into different categories, assisting an intern with media coverage research, and reviewing the final draft for the website
  • Interns: inquiring them about their internship, following up with their internship, responding to any questions they have
  • Recruitment (interns): contacted interns interested in an internship for August 2016 (through SCiP)
  • Admin Work: checked reporting docs, meetings with other team members, contact with David, checking reporting documents, writing out intern procedures, booking meeting rooms,
  • 2016 Master Doc: search through the entire google drive for projects, blog posts, contact lists, web reviews, and information on full-time workers and interns