Zane's Public Summary

When I started with FACTS it was a little intimidating because I didn’t really know what was expected of me/what the organization was all about. Once more people got on board with the job and we were given a little more direction everything went a lot smoother.

I started off working on the school board project doing web reviews of the all of the schools in the Edmonton and St Albert area and eventually calling them to attempt to network. Unfortunately none of the schools were really interested in working with us.

After that I researched Canada Day activities in my constituencies. After that I was given the task of working with the Mewassin Free Methodist Church to make a blog for them. We had a meeting and I did a fair amount of research and compiling said research on my own time. I also attempted to network with the summer school profs. I attended the August 2nd workshop where we worked with members from the church on their blog.  

Overall my 9 weeks with FACTS was a positive experience and I’m confident I learned skills that will aid me in future jobs.