Lance's Public Summary

Being with FACTSnet for the summer assisted my personal and career development while contributing to the projects in the organization. I was offered the opportunity to further hone my own career-related skills and supported, participated, and managed ESL related projects. The main objective of the ESL Project is to aid people with limited English literacy in English-dominant societies like Canada by:
  • developing English writing and speaking capabilities,
  • understanding English concepts and forms, and
  • reintegrating them into the norms in the society they live in.
I am mainly involved in the development and finalization of the ESL Curriculum and the Career Assessment Sheet. I organized and managed the completion of the Workability Workbook Supplement initialized by the Edmonton Team. Thanks to the efforts of the ESL team and the whole FACTSnet organization, the experience allowed me to see the issues with ESL today and understand what I need to do to be of assistance.


My work is detailed below. I have completed ESL projects while some are still requiring further improvement. Completed tasks include:
Continuous improvement is the key to having high-quality work. At the end of my term, there are still tasks that require further work, such as the Personal Example Document for Workability Workbook, and all the other ESL Curriculum Topics. In terms of personal development, I have completed the assigned tasks given by the organization. I have completed a soul-wellness topic called Priorities, which was given to the PBF Team. 

My wonderful time in FACTSnet has been a blessing. I met people with huge dreams and goals. It gave me guidance on what I needed to do as I go on in life. Although this organization is still in its infancy, I believe it will continue to grow and have its purpose realized soon.

No comments: