Summer Program Business Manager - Plan 2013

My job at FACTSnet is the Summer Program Business Manager. My duties can be separated into two categories. One is accounting related: I am responsible for preparing payroll summaries of all employees at FACTSnet. A procedure will be created to facilitate future employees making payrolls.  The other is related to marketing and network development. For example, I am involved in the Sustainability project where my partner and I sell our ideas (via writing a proposal) that will help the University of Alberta increase sustainability on campus. If we succeed in doing so, the university will provide us with a green grant to help us implement our ideas.  I am also researching environmental sustainability within our constituency.  Another part of my job is doing network research on non-profit organizations within the Edmonton - Spruce Grove constituency, which will help FACTSnet improve on its existing activities, like providing online information and where to get assistance. Part of this research will be related to FACTSnet hosting a cultural and heritage networking event.  A secondary aspect of my job is to participate in the Adaptablities/Disabilities Network development with the rest of our summer team.  I am also in charge of summarizing business articles and books, such as The Breakthrough Solution by Grant Mullen, M.D. and Tips from Robert Rohm for Daily Living. Overall, a lot of primary and secondary research and writing skills are required for this position. 

No comments: