Leo's Public Summary

My experience with FACTSnet begin in the summer of 2019. I was assigned to be the administrator of the ESL team which is a team that focuses on helping immigrant with limited English speaking and writing skills to become more accommodated to the Canadian society. The end goal is helping immigrants to improve their English skills and their “workability” skills. Workability skills can be translated to a set of skills and rule sets that can help people to find jobs and keep their jobs after they found them. I was immediately attracted to these ideas and our team worked together to develop a basis of resources and curriculums to help the immigrants to learn about the Canadian culture and work environment. The team has finished on editing the Workability Workbook to put in additional details and examples and finished the translation on the Workability Workbook into Mandarin

For my personal administration work, it includes performing daily checking on the team members’ progress and reports and give them feedback and a rating based on their performances. The ESL team also had weekly meetings with the other teams and supervisors to update each other on their progress and the plan for the following week. We also completed a workshop on the ESL curriculum for future immigrants to allow them to understand how to work in the Canadian companies by teaching them 20 important topics from the workability workbook. 

I had a wonderful time with FACTSnet and I look forward to seeing the future development of FACTSnet and the ESL curriculum for immigrants. I learned so much from my teammates and co-workers and supervisors and I would recommend anyone to work for FACTSnet.

No comments: