Anna's Public Summary

This summer I worked on a few projects with FACTS. The first project that I worked on were the Career and Personal Development projects. I spent time evaluating my personal workplace skills, by personal career goals, and my spiritual development. Although this is an area that I have spent a great deal working through with personal mentor and those that I have worked with through my university, it was useful to spend significant time dedicated to spending time creating and evaluating specific goals for the future of my professional and academic career.

Following this I focused my time on the PBF project, scanning and organizing documents relating to the Prophetic, Berean, and Foothills Bible Institutes. Documents I was involved in scanning and processing were the Mary Macomber files, the Cyril Hutchinson files, and several Berean yearbooks. A few days of my time on this project were dedicated to beginning some research looking into the history of musical education and practice in the PBF bible institutes, corresponding to my own interest in music history and pedagogy. This involved reviewing the scanned textbooks and making detailed notes on references to their music education changed over the years. Very little research was done in this area as was moved to the Soul Wellness Project while that research was in early stages.

The last section of my summer was dedicated to the Global Christian Soul Wellness project. The goal of this project was to create a document that gave provided resources in summaries of important aspects of Christian Spirituality, and care for the Soul from a Christian Perspective. Most of my time was spent complete the topic summary pages that make up the bulk of the index document we created, including three chapter summaries from Rob Reimer’s Soul Care, and 3 topics covered in the Spiritual Resilience Booklet. I also added many references to resources recommended by David Ibsen and descriptions of this, and an introduction to the document itself.

I also had the opportunity to pursue one of my own personal projects this summer. I created and prepared a program of 14 classical vocal works for the internationally recognized Classical Voice Competition hosted by the National Association of Teachers of Singing, the NATS Artist Awards. I work on learning these songs under the direction of Dr. Rachel Goldenberg, one of my Professors at Ambrose University and president of the Southern Alberta Chapter of NATS. Over the course of the summer I learned 12 of these 14 to working standard and will continue to work these pieces until the time of the competition in November.

No comments: